quinta-feira, 13 de agosto de 2009

First meeting evaluation - T1 and T7 Engage 1

T1 is a group of young teens - 11 to 14 years old. A mixed ability group and not very engaged with each other and in learning English. The second one (T7) is more mature and very engaged with me and each other.
The activities planned worked well with the second group as their evaluation will show. With the first one though, we had problem with time management, pick up some students interest and lack of participation from couple of them, and one of most participative and motivated student missed class because he was sick. Written feedback was not given by them. Only one student stayed and gave me some feedback:

The questions I prepared to ask were:
What part of the class did you like best and why?
Do you prefer to read, write, listen or speak?
Did you find the ppt presentation a useful tool and was it prepared well and visually interesting?
What was effective for you and why?
What did you learn today?

From T1 - Kely:
She found the profile activity interesting and effective because they reviewed and learned new words for describing appearance. She prefers to speak, because she wants to develop speaking proficiency more than the other skills. In her opinion, she thinks the other students found the meeting interesting because it is something new to them. She is interested in learning words and expressions in English, and she thinks she learned some, but didn't mention which ones.

From T7 - Alan Mangili:
The song and describing the appearance of the characters were the activities he liked best. Therefore, the most effective for him because he said he learned a lot about the characters in the profile activity and the song because he likes music. In his opinion, the powerpoint was useful and well presented. He prefers to listen, then, speak, write and read. He learned new words and about the characters.

Guilherme Kanarek:
He liked best the song video clip. Why? It's obvious. He loves music. He prefers to Speak, then listen, read and write. The presentation for him was cool and well presented. His favorite activity was the matching the key words from the song. He learned many words, like: Golden brown to describe eye color.

Gabriel Nandi Borges:
He liked the activities done in groups. Speaking, listening then writing and reading are his favorite order. He liked the presentation because it has images, so it is cool. He also enjoyed the matching the key words from the song best because he reviewed some verbs.

Bruno Ferreira Fontana:
The song was his favorite activity too. He likes this kind of activity very much.
Listening, reading, speaking and writing are his preference order.
He thinks the powerpoint presentation was effective and visually interesting.
The activity that he thinks was most productive for him was the song, where new words were learned and their meanings.

Luana Uggioni:
The twilight project inspired her to get the books to read and buy things about it. Her preference order of skills are listening, speaking, reading and writing. The ppt was great. The ws was a good for her and activities in groups. She also thinks she learned new things today.

I need to balance the activities in order to make it more effective. Especially with more immature groups, I need to be extra careful.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário